Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Madden 13 Cover Vote - Elite Eight




Last week I went 6/8 on my predictions. I missed on LeSean McCoy, who I thought would beat Larry Fitzgerald, and Marshawn Lynch, who I thought would upset Aaron Rodgers. McCoy is kind of upsetting as an Eagles fan, but he wouldn't have beaten Cam Newton anyway.

For voting reference, here's a list of the previous winners...
2001 - Eddie George, Titans
2002 - Daunte Culpepper, Vikings
2003 - Marshall Faulk, Rams
2004 - Michael Vick, Falcons
2005 - Ray Lewis, Ravens
2006 - Donovan McNabb, Eagles
2007 - Shaun Alexander, Seahawks
2008 - Vince Young, Titans
2009 - Brett Favre, Packers
2010 - Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals/Troy Polamalu, Steelers
2011 - Drew Brees, Saints
2012 - Peyton Hillis - Browns

Here are thoughts and predictions for the elite eight...

Left Bracket

1. Cam Newton v.s. 4. Larry Fitzgerald - This shouldn't be close. Fitz is a veteran who has already been on the cover while Newton is a rising star.
My Vote - Cam Newton
Prediction - Cam Newton

11. Patrick Willis v.s. 2. Victor Cruz - This is a really close call. Both are likable rising stars, and both would be the second player at their position to grace the cover. I love the idea of Willis on the cover, but I like Cruz too much not to vote for him.
My Vote - Victor Cruz
Prediction - Victor Cruz

Right Bracket

1. Aaron Rodgers v.s. 5. Ray Rice - I predicted Rodgers would lose last week because I thought that if he couldn't win it last year, he never would. But now I wonder if America collectively realized their mistake and wants to make up for it this year.
My Vote - Aaron Rodgers
Prediction - Aaron Rodgers

6. Calvin Johnson v.s. 2. Rob Gronkowski - I'm torn on this one. I love both guys and think that either would upset Rodgers in the next round. In the end I have to go with Gronk, simply because a tight end has never been on the cover, which will be his main selling point if he ends up against Newton.
My Vote - Rob Gronkowski
Prediction - Rob Gronkowski

Tune in next week to see what happens. Or continue to disregard these posts and move on to the good stuff.




1 comment:

  1. what about hometown fans voting against their favorite player to keep him off the cover and avoid the madden curse? have you factored that in at all? I've heard packers fans are doing everything they can to keep rodgers off the cover

    ReplyDelete